How Can I Learn More About Negotiating with my Insurance Company?
One of the best ways to become skilled in negotiating with an insurance company is by talking to the experts – South Houston attorneys and public adjusters. Experienced lawyers deal with insurance providers on a regular basis, and are intimately familiar with lowball tactics, as well as what is a fair amount settle for.
Consult with an South Houston insurance bad faith attorney about ways you can negotiate with an adjustor to get the best settlement offer. Or, if you don’t feel comfortable negotiating on your own, consider hiring legal representation to intercede on your behalf to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
The Best Rental Property Insurance in Texas
Why Should I Get Public Liability Insurance?
The memories of good times, good food and a parade that only comes once a year will linger with all of us some time now that this year's national holiday of Thanksgiving has passed. The annual parade that takes place in NY City has become a spectator's dream - something that fairy tales are made of.
From the insurance perspective of course, such a huge pageant needs more than average protective coverage. In fact, there is specialized insurance for all forms of public events.
Those that fall in the category for event liability exposure include:
- Beer Garden / Beer Tent Events
- Musical Productions
- Sport Events
- Motor Vehicle Exhibitions
- Auto Shows
- Trade Fairs
- Fund Raisers
- Big Picnics
- Public Extravaganzas
- All went perfectly fine at the rodeo until an intoxicated participant walked across the street to enter the event and was hit by an automobile. The victim died as a result of the impact. The event's insurance company handled a comprehensive investigation that led to irrefutable proof that the dead man had a.26% blood alcohol level but was not given drinks by the rodeo employees. The entire matter was dropped without significant payout.
The Importance of Public Liability Insurance
Insurance claim delay tactics are the most common obstacles utilized by insurance companies to avoid payment of claims.
Disreputable insurance claim delay tactics are based largely on the premise that that by forcing you to wait for settlement of your claim, you will eventually give up. Giving up translates to less or no money for the claim payment and thus more money for the insurance company. In furtherance of this endeavor, carriers will utilize a variety of tactics to delay your claim via a process dubbed "claim management".
Insurance consumers must arm themselves with sufficient knowledge to identify the difference between legitimate insurance claim investigations and illegitimate claim delays. An insurance company has a right, a duty in fact, to conduct insurance claim investigations. The key here is that the investigation must be reasonable and timely. Insurance policies require that the insured must cooperate with the carrier in matters concerning a claim. These conditions are generally included in the portion entitled "Duties". Accordingly, it is reasonable for your insurer to ask you for specific documents or items related to your claim. By all means, comply with requests for relevant information and data.
Consider the following sampling of insurance claim solutions to unfair claim delays.
- Continue to cooperate. You want to assume the position that you have cooperated to the fullest extent possible. This places additional burdens on the insurance company. They cannot argue that their processes were delayed solely because you "failed" to cooperate.
- Call the adjuster every few days - every day if necessary. Always behave courteously. Be prepared to ask specific questions about the progress of your claim. Always offer to provide any additional information needed.
- An insurance company's failure to properly conclude your legitimate insurance claim suggests the essence of unfair claims handling. Document all activities in anticipation of unfair settlement offers or an outright denial. Your claim delay has qualified as a claim dispute.